The ENC28J60 Ethernet Module is a board which contains an Ethernet port and converts Ethernet input into SPI. The board is based on Microchip’s ENC28J60 integrated circuit and it can be used to provide internet connectivity to microcontroller systems like Arduino boards over Ethernet.
Since the board is small in size and it supports SPI, it is applicable to a variety of projects.
Utilizes the new SSOP 12 package Microchip ENC28J60 Stand-Alone Ethernet Controller IC featuring a host of features to handle most of network protocol requirements. The board connects directly to most microcontrollers with a standard SPI interface with a transfer speed of up to 25MHz.
The ENC28J60 Ethernet Module is an industry standard Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI). It is designed to serve as an Ethernet network interface for any controller equipped with SPI.
This module includes all you need to change your Arduino into an ethernet device for your network. These days many makers prefer WiFi type network communication. Ethernet still has lots of application and still stays a fast and secure way to connect to network devices.
- Fully Compatible with 10/100/1000Base-T Networks
- Integrated MAC and 10Base-T PHY
- Supports One 10Base-T Port with Automatic Polarity Detection and Correction
- Supports Full and Half-Duplex modes
- Automatic Programmable Retransmit on Collision
- Programmable Padding and CRC Generation
- Automatic Rejection of Erroneous Packets
- SPI Interface with Clock Speeds Up to 20 MHz
- Chipboard ENC28J60/SS.
- The board 25MHZ crystal.
- The network interface board HR911105A.
- 5 V power supply pin.
- Stable performance.
- For Arduino, SPI, AVR, PIC, LPC, STM32.
The ENC28J60 consists of seven major functional blocks:
- An SPI interface that serves as a communication channel between the host controller and the ENC28J60.
- Equips control registers for controlling and monitoring the ENC28J60.
- A dual port RAM buffer for received and transmitted data packets.
- An arbiter to control the access to the RAM buffer when requests are made from DMA, transmit and receive blocks.
- The bus interface that interprets data and commands received via the SPI interface.
- The MAC (Medium Access Control) module that implements the IEEE 802.3 compliant MAC logic.
- The PHY (Physical Layer) module that encodes and decodes the analog data that is present on the twisted-pair interface.
- 1 x ENC28J60 Ethernet Module(12 Pin Package: SSOP)