ESP8266 Serial WIFI Module (ESP-07) is a new player in this field: it’s tiny (25mm x 15mm), with simple pin connections, using serial TX/RX to send and receive Ethernet buffers, and similarly, using serial commands torque and change configurations of the Wi-Fi module. This is quite convenient as it only requires two wires (TX/RX) to communicate between a microcontroller and Wi-Fi, but more importantly, it offloads Wi-Fi related tasks to the module, allowing the microcontroller code to be very light-weighted.
ESP8266 Serial WIFI Module (ESP-07) is a cheap and easy way to connect any small microcontroller platform, like Arduino, wirelessly to Internet. ESP8266 has powerful on-board processing and storage capabilities that allow it to be integrated with the sensors and other application specific devices through its GPIOs with minimal development up-front and minimal loading during runtime. Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitry, and the entire solution, including front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal PCB area.
ESP8266 Serial WIFI Module (ESP-07) is addressable over SPI and UART, making this an exceptionally easy choice for anyone wanting to build an Internet of Things thing. You can use AT commands to connect to Wi-Fi networks and open TCP connections without need to have TCP/IP stack running in your own microcontroller: You can simply connect any microcontroller to this module and start pushing data up to the Internet.
- The smallest 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi SOC module
- Low power 32-bit CPU, can also serve as the application processor
- Up to 160MHz clock speed
- Built-in 10 bit high precision ADC
- Supports UART/GPIO/IIC/PWM/ADC
- SMD-16 package for easy welding
- Integrated Wi-Fi MAC/BB/RF/PA/LNA
- Deep sleep current as low as 20uA
- Embedded LWIP protocol stack
- Supports STA/AP/STA + AP operation mode
- Support Smart Config/Air Kiss technology
- UART baudrate up to 4Mbps
- General AT commands can be used quickly
- Supports remote firmware upgrade (FOTA)
- 1 x ESP8266 Serial Wi-Fi Module (ESP-07)